Big thank-you’s to Wanton Creation for nominating me for this one. This is the kind of award where it’s actually awesome to be addictive. You don’t want addiction in other aspects of life, but somehow, in wordpress land, it just makes sense. I haven’t done one of these award posts in a long time, and I’m very sorry if I didn’t do one for an award you’ve sent to this blog – time gets away so easily with these posts, but I thought since this was one I hadn’t received before, I’d better get on it.
- Thank the person who nominated you (and link back to their blog of course) - click on Wanton Creation in the first line or here to see some awesome. But seriously, it is a great blog.
- Share a little about why you blog and how your adventure in the world of blogging began
- Paste the blog award on your page (or wherever you keep them on your blog for all the world to see)
- Nominate 10 other bloggers you are addicted to
Why do I blog?
I blog because I had all these ideas for posts that I wanted to write down and post. I blog with wordpress because it’s a great, interactive community where I’ve met some lovely people. I blog because once I started I found that it was a gateway to creativity – the more I wrote, the more I saw in the world, and the more I found I had things to write about. I blog because I wanted to meet other writers. I blog because I had a blind hope that I would be ‘discovered’ via my blog – shame I’m not more professional I guess! I started blogging with tumblr purely out of curiosity after googling ‘blog sites’ and it came up. I found it fun, but it’s more a site for pictures, jokes and younger people now, so I switched over to wordpress when I saw someone from my partner’s writing class successful site of just writing – which is what I’d originally wanted.
Nominees (or, blogs I always keep up with like a stalker in the night):
If you don’t want to pass this award on you don’t have to
- Bailey Boat Cat , because it’s an adorable cat on a boat having adventures.
- Come November, because I can sit and read 10 of your posts in a row and not get bored.
- Humans Are Weird, because the posts are so varied and yes I forward all my awards to you but I can’t help it if you’re awesome. You’ll just have to stop it.
- Thoughts of a Lunatic, because she writes everything so perfectly and intimately.
- OurMultiColouredLife, because they write well and with humour and are so lovely.
- The Glowing Heart, because I’ve been reading all of your wonderful posts since I started.
- Richard’s Ramblings, because I always find myself making some extra time to come read your stuff.
- Student Living and Me, because….
….because you’ve apparently been blogging for 13 years and 2 months and that kind of dedication should really be awarded.
(but seriously, I love checking your blog when you pop up in my reader)
Thanks for the good reading, and every award you nominate me for, they make dance in my seat. Then I get tired and slump over panting before taking a swig of cola and huffing and puffing myself back upright.